AWANA AT TRINITY
Awana is a children's program we offer at Trinity during the school year for ages 3 through 5th grade. Kids from our church and from the community come together to play games, memorize Bible verses, and learn Bible lessons. But Awana goes beyond an instructional program; it is a relational setting where every child gets individual attention and encouragement from one of our incredible adult volunteers. Through this process of mentoring and learning God's Word, our Awana kids learn about faith in Jesus Christ and what it means to follow Jesus.
Due to COVID, Awana at Trinity this year will be a hybrid model of online curriculum with a monthly in-person gathering. And best of all, It's completely FREE!
- New lessons are delivered weekly via email. Just find a time to complete lessons that works best for your family!
- Once a month, we gather in person to celebrate, hand out awards, and regroup with squads. (We can also mail awards if meeting in person isn't an option).
- Each family is placed in a "squad" with 3-4 other families.
- Parents will be able to support each other as they disciple their kids.
- Squads will compete for end-of-semester prizes!
- We have a volunteer in charge of each squad who will be checking in with you to answer questions, offer encouragement, and celebrate the kids on their awards.
- These periodic check-ins can be via phone, video, in person... whatever works best for volunteers and families!